Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are my Tangier username and password?
Your employer can supply you with your Tangier username and password. If you need help, you can call us at 800-392-3298, ext. 109. NOTE: If your employer requires providers to access Tangier via a company portal, we will not have access to your username and password.
2. Why can’t I see the schedule?
A schedule must be “published” by the scheduler before providers can see either their own schedule or the location’s full schedule. You will receive an email once the scheduler publishes the schedule. If you are not receiving the published schedule notifications, check with your scheduler to make sure there is a correct email address in your Tangier profile.
3. Why can’t I see my shifts, off requests, swaps, etc.?
If you’re wondering why you can’t see certain events on your Tangier Personal Calendar, it’s most likely because you’ve filtered them out using the Display Settings:
Tangier was programmed to remember the filtered events when a user logged out. Turning this feature off means that each time the user logs into Tangier, the display settings will revert to “All” events, no matter what the settings were upon logging out.
You can choose to opt out of the saving feature on your Profile page, accessed by hovering over your name in the upper right corner of the screen:
On the Profile page:
Select the Settings tab
Uncheck the box next to Remember filtered events in Display Settings.
Click Update to save.
4. Why can’t I request off?
You might run into one of the following issues that will prevent you from making an off request. If you do, contact your scheduler to see if your request can be accommodated.
- It’s too late to ask off for the selected date. The location(s) where you work will set a cut-off date after which no further off requests can be entered for the next schedule period.
- Too many people want off the same day. Your location may have set a daily limit on the number of providers who can request off each day.
- You’ve reached your limit for off requests. A rule can be set at your location(s) that sets a maximum number of off requests each provider can make for a given time period (calendar month, calendar year, schedule period).
- It’s too far in the future from the selected date. Most locations will limit how far in advance providers can enter off requests (for example, 180 days from the current day).
5. Why can’t I request to work a shift?
Not all Tangier schedulers allow providers to request shifts (i.e., self-schedule). If you do not see “Add Shift Request” as an option on your tasks menu, it means Shift Request is not enabled. You will need to talk to your scheduler if this is a feature you want to use.
If Shift Request is enabled and you are unable to make a request, you might run into one of the following issues that will prevent you from making a shift request. If you do, contact your scheduler to see if your request can be accommodated.
- It’s too late to ask to work on the selected date. The location(s) where you work will set a cut-off date after which no further shift requests can be entered for the next schedule period.
- You’ve reached your limit for shift requests. A rule can be set at your location(s) that sets a maximum number of shift requests each provider can make for a given time period (calendar month, calendar year, schedule period).
6. I used Share Cal to subscribe to my Tangier Personal Calendar on my phone/computer, but it’s no longer showing up.
Because of changes to devices and calendar programs, calendar subscriptions can go defunct. The first thing to try is to delete the Tangier calendar from your device. Return to Share Cal and select “Renew Subscription Address.” Then subscribe again using that new address. If it still isn’t working, call us at 800-392-3298, ext. 109.